"The intention of the uniform policy is to promote pride and responsibility in our students in preparation for adult life. It should also ensure equal opportunity without extremes of fashion."
Students at Redruth take a pride and responsibility in representing themselves, their year groups and their school. They have been responsible for creating the uniform for all.
- Official black school blazer with logo and red lining. Blazers must be worn to and from school and during the school day, at full arm length, sleeves not rolled up. Staff may allow students to remove blazers during lessons but they must be worn when moving around the school.
- Clip-on school tie
- Plain black v neck jumper may be worn under the school blazer (v shaped neck to allow visibility of school tie)
- White shirt (long or short sleeve) with collar. Shirts must be tucked in and buttoned at the neck with the tie attached properly. (Coloured or 'visible' t-shirts are not to be worn underneath, underwear should not be visible)
- Plain black formal full length trousers that hold a crease. Jeans or canvas trousers are not acceptable nor are designs which are exceptionally baggy or tight, or classed as skin tight or worn very low on the hips or as a 'fashion item'
- Plain black skirt, which holds a least one crease (no lycra, pencil skirt or skater styles). Length, no shorted than, hands by side at full extension, standing tall, tip of middle finger.
- Plain black belts can be worn through belt loops of trousers or skirts. No large buckles, studs or embellishments
- Plain black ankle socks. No white or coloured socks.
- Plain black tights (no patterns)
Plain black shoes (no extremes including size of heel). No boots, trainers, skate shoes, canvas or open toed shoes. Any shoe laces to be black.
- No coats, hats, scarves or gloves to be worn in the school buildings
- One pair of small stud earrings or sleepers (one in each ear lobe) and a wrist watch may be worn. No other jewellery to be worn*
- Hair should be neat and conventional with no extremes of style or colour that draw attention, not shaved less than grade 3 all over.
- Light and natural looking make up may be worn. Nails must be short and unadorned. No gel, extensions or jewels. Clear nail varnish only may be used.
- No visible body piercing or tattooing is allowed.
* Medic alert bracelets or medic alert necklaces may be worn.
The intention of the uniform policy is to promote pride and responsibility in our students in preparation for adult life. It should also ensure equal opportunity without extremes of fashion. Correct school uniform must therefore be worn at all times on the school site and when travelling to and from. No hoodies may be worn over or under school blazers, only traditional coats to be worn over the top.
Girls & Boys PE Kit
Red and black Prostar T-Shirt, black Prostar shorts, black and red socks.
Girls Games Kit
School reversible rugby shirt, black shorts, black rugby socks, training shoes.
Boys Games Kit
School reversible rugby shirt, (plain black with red on reverse), black shorts,
black rugby socks with red hoops, boots.
Recommended PE equipment:
Gum shield, shin pads and safety studs for football, hockey and rugby.
School uniform and PE kit is available for purchase from Trophy Textiles.
We would advise all items of uniform are clearly labelled with your child's name.